you're just like ice cream

Thursday, July 15, 2010



Do you know what time of the day is my favourite time? Bed time. 

And not because of the obvious reason that it means the children of the house will sleep (though that's a bonus!). 

More specifically I love Josh's bedtime. Usually it means Zoe is already down for the night in her room, and then I scoot off to Josh's room, read him a bedtime story, then we turn the light off and snuggle under the covers and have a gorgeous little chat together about what we did that day. These moments are so beautiful and precious. Josh often comes up with wonderful insights regarding our day and every night - without fail- the chatting is peppered with lots of the following quote: 'I love you so much mummy'. Often accompanied with lots of cuddles. 

I remember the first time I heard those words from Josh, I just wanted to cry, my heart burst a thousand times over.

And tonight, he did something so adorable, I wanted to eat him up right then.
He gave me a kiss and said 'you're just like ice-cream'. At first, I wasn't quite sure what he was getting at. But then he leaned over me and proceeded to give me a succession of the most delicate little kisses on my cheek, including sound effects, and I realised he was telling me how sweet I was.

My heart burst a thousand times all over again.......

What does your little one say or do that makes your heart burst?

This blog post was sponsored by Kidspot's Baby Club. It's a lovely space for mums and mums-to-be to get together, chat, share, relate and even win some goodies. The best thing is that you can visit at any time of day or night, and if you haven't had time to shower or do your hair, no one will notice (and there's a pretty good chance no one else has either). Pop over now and register. Connect with other mums today.

image

9 comments:

  1. That is just gorgeous. My Bebito says, "mama hug, BIG hug" when I go in to him every morning. I love it. He also says to my Mum as we leave her house, "Bye by Grandma, kiss, kiss, kiss. Back soon Grandma, back soon."

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!

    goodness, I can't remember half of the 'melt your heart' moments. Aren't they the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You can have a terrible day and then some small words like I Love You can make it all better.
    beafunmum.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thats the sweetest! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I sighed out loud after reading that! What a wonderful moment! That's such true, honest love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! My first born said I love you for the first time on Valentines Day (coincidently) and it melted my heart. Still does. My second born gives the most exquisite kisses, generously and spontaneously. Heaven.
    www.bondimum.com.au/blog

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger