dream a little dream

Thursday, March 25, 2010


I'm dreaming. Well, I'm hoping my dreams also become some sort of reality too. My mind is full and I'm finding it hard to make decisions, especially within my limitations. I dream of creating something that enables me to stay home and work and that will fulfil passions I'm yet to fully discover and acknowledge. 

Motherhood has clouded my vision somewhat. I need to figure out again who I am and discover the things that make my heart sing. I want to go after those things and hopefully be able to contribute financially to my household along the way.....

How do you know what your passion/s are? How do you just 'know' what you want to do with your life? How do you 're-find' yourself after losing yourself a little?

{image}

13 comments:

  1. I don't think that is an easy answer but I think it is nice to recognise that you want to find some things for 'you' and start to explore what they might be. Sometimes they will work financially and sometimes not but they do need to be in the mix somewhere - the things you enjoy, that get you excited and interested. Not at all easy to find time for things that are not children when your children are little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find some answers to this. I am teetering on the edge of this dream too. I find it so hard to put me & my needs and even my planning first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to find out what it is that you want to "do"...and I think this ideal keeps changing along the way. Even when you do find out, parenthood and financial concerns can impact on making your dreams a reality. But...if you really want to do something, you can make it happen. I have to admit, financially I am not as well off as I used to be working for someone else - however, I am rich in other ways. I am able to do what I love (create) and spend time at home. To be honest, I have never been more fulfilled with what I do on a day to day basis, as challenging as it is. Goodluck and keep on acknowledging yourself. You are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for your gorgeous comments ladies. xo It was lovely to wake up to the on this brand new day. Had a great midnight conversation with hubby last night (don't you just love those!) and he had some brilliant ideas for me and I'm feeling a bit more inspired...will see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so hear you on this post. I am on the same journey and want to just be at home with my babies and create things that make me happy! I didn't even know that I liked sewing, fabrics, crafts etc before I became a mother and now they are the things I LOVE! I just need to find the one thing that is going to make me a bit of pocket money so I can give up work! (I've only been back from maternity leave for one week and already hate it)


    good luck with everything. You'll find that perfect fit and make it work xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you are on about and like the other posties here, its hard to say what the answer is or will be. I have found giving everything a go is not only exciting but helps you work out what you want/need. I love the crafts but have put it aside now to go back to teaching. I teach children with special needs and I love it. I have also discovered blogging too. So while I am a busy mum I still find the time to do things that make me happy, but it wasn't an over night thing, lordy no!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are tough questions to answer :) I'm starting to wonder if i will ever stop searching for the dream. I love my career but there are also so many other things I want to try too. Love your blog :) good luck in the quest to find yourself once more (I'm in the midst of such a quest too :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm chiming in with no insight whatsoever. I feel exactly the same way and think that the "Year of Me" we promised ourselves is extremely difficult to execute! I am so looking forward to watching your journey though as I just know that you will do wonderfully in whatever you put your mind to! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big question. can't help you- I'm so indecisive, I change my mind from week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm 30 and still in college because I've changed my major (drastically) more times than I care to count. Good luck to you!

    Happy Flog Yo Blog Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just believe that your instincts will come back - it could be just looking at a piece of chocolate or at a toy or a wall anything... its cliche but its so true when they say its when you try to force something it wont happen.


    For months, I felt as useless as a rock and was down for ages and kept questioning it, eventually I got used to that feeling of loss and depression - I did go down a spiral hole (thats what you gotta be wary of) but before you know it I had phone calls and emails asking for my help and I felt like I found my calling again. Oh gosh I dont even know if I am making sense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you find the key let me know!!!
    I've been lost in children for a few years now, & whilst I KNOW what I want to do to get a piece of myself back & on the track to financial freedom, finding the time to even get one thought from head to paper with kids hanging off you seems the impossible dream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dreams are there to become real & I hope they do for you! I too lost myself when I became a Mummy & still struggle - but can see some light at the end of the long days of being here for everybody else & not so much for me. I am getting a sense of self back & following my dreams. Good luck & I can't wait to share your journey :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger