So sleep huh? You either get too much or not enough....unfortunately I fall in the latter group. I knew that would happen as a mum but sometimes there is only so much you can take before it really starts to fry your brain and affect your mood badly during the day....even my driving skills. Zoe used to be the nightmare at night - for a good part of last year in fact. But how times have changed. She is now the angel child at night and Josh has become the child that wakes several times a night, coming into my bed at night. Hubby and I started a rule that if it was before 4am he had to go back to his bed, anytime after and he could stay. It's wearing thin though, let me tell you.....
I've been wondering what to do about it. I'm at the point where I just want us all to sleep - uninterrupted through the night. Tough ask? Probably, but I'm so tired and I want my 'once a great sleeper until I turned two and a half' to go back to being a great sleeper again.
Today I've come to the decision that we need a bed upgrade as the solution. Currently we sleep on a teeny tiny double bed. So you can imagine that once we have a 17kg toddler in the bed things get kinda squishy in there. I found a great big king ensemble today that I can pay off slowly. I just have to convince hubby now that this is the solution. I'm already dreaming about that huge bed and all the room I'll have, even with Josh in it.
My next problem will most likely be trying to get him out of the bed at some stage, but for now sleep calls.
{images we heart it}


Oh I am hearing you all the way over here in my sleep deprived household - which has never been like this till a few months ago. Little Miss 4 was the perfect baby sleeper - now wakes up at the same time every night, comes upstairs & wakes me up - I put her on the toilet & take her back to her bed. She complains & carrys on telling me not to go etc - agggghhhh I am tired & need my sleep - this must stop!! The easy option is to give in & let her sleep with us - but we don't want that - so it's battle night every night. :( signed tired & grumpy mummy X
ReplyDeleteOh no Sarah! Sounds like here too. I can't count how many times I've fallen asleep on Josh's floor waiting for him to go back to sleep and then going back to my own bed.
ReplyDeleteI was so tired last night I don't even remember him getting in our bed, but he was there early this morning!
I'm so desperate for some sleep that I'm happy to take the easy (and more luxurious!) option at the moment and deal with the consequences later!!
If there's one thing you won't regret it's upsizing to a larger bed.
ReplyDeleteI can't comment on the co-sleeping, but a queen size bed with a soft pillow top remains one of my best purchased big ticket items. Good luck.
i learnt something today which might make you feel better....giraffes sleep half an hour to two hours a night in one minute intervals. i think most mums are part giraffe now and then...
ReplyDelete