the bedroom makeover

Friday, March 12, 2010

So the mummy and daddy bedroom makeover has begun!

I went shopping yesterday and ordered our new King size bed. So of course I had to get all the linen to go with it. I may have mentioned that I wanted to do something more exciting in our bedroom before and I thought now would be the time to start. 

I ended up making my way to Freedom and bought the following goodies.


Two of these lovely little lamps for our bedside tables. I love the silver and glass stand. Should go nicely with some of the silver frames I have in our room.

I also chose a beautiful neutral coloured, linen quilt cover similar to this. Just imagine the dark brown piping in this set to be white and the white part to be the same colour as the border, and that's just about what I bought (they didn't have a picture on their website).


I think this should all look great. We have 1/4 strength Hogs Bristle on our walls and our furniture (bedside tables, wardrobe and tall boy) is all antique store buys. Now we just need something for the wall and perhaps a few cushions to add to the bed and we're done. I'll be sure to take a pic once the bed arrives and it's all made up!

Actually, I still need to take a pic of my lovely bargain dining chairs for you too.....must do that on the weekend I think.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I think it's all just truly lovely sounding. Funny that we both blogged bedrooms today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same lamps - except my bases are different, old fashioned circular silver base.

    Love the linen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very grown up! You will love the new bed and room - I remember when we made the move from bad double futon to a proper queen bed with lovely linen I was beside myself with excitement. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are currently doing our new bedroom too and we went with Hogs bristle...half strength though (for the walls). Love it! haven't lashed out and bought the bed yet (we're sticking with a queen) but perhaps I should check Freedom out? Love your lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! can't wait to see the end result! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger