{dvd review} disney playhouse handy manny: tooling around

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

 

This post is sponsored by Nuffnang

Our family was recently provided with the Disney Playhouse DVD, Handy Manny: Tooling Around to review. Have you seen it on the Disney Playhouse channel before? I had seen snippets of it before, but as Josh is slightly obsessed with Postman Pat at the moment, other shows tend to get the flick very quickly. Lately, though Josh has been branching out a bit which is great!

Handy Manny: Tooling Around contains a handful of 12 minute episodes aimed at mums and preschoolers. The main character is Manny who is a very likeable, Spanish-speaking, handyman. The other main characters are his tools as well as a few town locals. Each episode is based around a repair job Manny works on around the town and manages to teach great concepts such as teamwork, friendship and community in a fun way while teaching a little Spanish to its viewers as well.

I especially like how the episodes really focus on the importance of everybody's contribution to a project - each person's contribution is needed and is an important part of getting the job done. The episodes also often focus on the concept of 'help' and teaching preschoolers to understand that it's ok to ask for help.....something I'm trying to teach Josh all the time!


The Handy Manny: Tooling Around DVD includes bonus material too -  an interactive You Build It with Handy Manny game and also a bonus episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Have you seen Handy Manny? What do you think of this show?

3 comments:

  1. My son loves Handy Manny, i had no idea you could buy it on DVD. Would you happen to know where i could get a copy from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter Loves him. We have watched the same epsiodes as I have gone crazy at every store looking for the dvd & they have none.

    Where could I get a copy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leesa & Victoria

    I'm actually not too sure where it is definitley available from, but I'm sure you could probably pick it up from places like Target, KMart, Myer, etc. Look for it over the next few weeks as it has only just come out.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger