virtually shopping

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm being pretty organised for me at the moment. I've made a spreadsheet of all the people we have to buy Christmas presents for and am slowly buying gifts......and I haven't even been out to the shops yet!

I'm trying to do all my shopping online...

This year I decided that I want to buy handmade or support small business with my gift giving. I'm tired of giving gifts that you can run down to the local shopping centre to buy. I want gifts that will really surprise people and hopefully bring them joy in receiving something a little different. And I'm happy that my money is going towards creative individuals or people with a passion instead of big, profit-focussed corporations.

I just thought I would share some of the stores with you that I have been buying gifts from:





 

 

 

 








Go and check them out and support them too. I love that all the pressies come straight to my doorway all the way from overseas. I have gifts that no-one will likely have seen before and all I have to do now is wrap and put them under the tree.

8 comments:

  1. I love half the shops on your list already so can't wait to check out the others you've suggested! I too am trying to buy handmade or small business....apart from with the husband who needs new shorts and I don't think that'll be too easy to find without a visit to Myer/DJ's! Let me know if you come up with any ideas for, "impossible to buy for husbands" otherwise though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea
    i need to get a move on with our christmas shopping this year and you've inspired me to start today
    thanks :)

    off to check out these site

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you know Cat!!

    Thanks for the Paloma's Nest link. I grabbed that off your blog. I love the Christmas decorations so I bought a couple for my mum and aunt who are hard to buy for but love the decorations!! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis a pleasure. The stuff is divine at Paloma's Nest. I'm sure they'll love it. Am thinking I might post about "impossible to buy for husbands" so we can share ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Delish - thanks so much, I love the idea of supporting small business and buying handmade, but don't really know any great sites, and had to rely on trawling the markets - now I have some online shopping to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are organised! I'm trying to do the same thing! And my aim is to have it all done buy the end of November! I don't have a spreadsheetthough! ha! I'm off to check out those sites now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! So organised, I must try to start thinking about Xmas, my mind just can't seem to focus on it, everytime I hear all the organised people are planning and shopping my brain freezes!

    Maybe this is the solution, shop online, off to check out your recommendations now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this year everyone will just be getting home baked gifts - it is what I have done for the last 2 years and it has gone down well. Yay for christmas baking :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger