I enrolled my boy into preschool last week. From February next year, after his 3rd birthday he will be attending a local preschool for two days a week. I'm excited about it but I know when the day comes to drop him off I will be so sad. It's a big step for me sending my little boy out into the big wide world. He has been in my care and my mum's care since he was born.
I know he will LOVE preschool though. We have visited already and he didn't want to leave. As much as he is a bit of a mummy's boy, he loves the outdoors and he loves the type of environment with other children that preschool will provide. He will grow so much more next year I'm sure.
Have you had to send your 'big' little person to care and how did you go?

Awww! My daughter, Piper, starts 3 year old Kinder next year as well! I know I'm going to miss her but she is so excited to go. Just yesterday she told me that she was going to have lots of new friends at kinder & that she was going to kiss all of the boys! Should I be worried? It will be nice to have some one-on-one time with my littleLIly while her big Sis is at kinder though.
ReplyDeleteMy older two kids I was happy to throw into childcare from 9 months. I had things to do! Work and uni. I felt bad with the first one. She hated it but I had no other choice.
ReplyDeleteI HATED putting my third one into care when she was 7 months old. HATED it. But she loved it. She loves it now and she's 2 1/2. Only goes two days a week but I spy on her sometimes and she really is in her element.
And its great to have a break.