Well, I'm kind of back.....
I've been thinking about leaving this blogging caper. Pregnancy and life with all its busyness of late have left me with very little 'me' time, and what time I have had to myself, I've preferred to just curl up on the lounge once the kids are in bed for the night and watch trashy tv.
While I was thinking about it all one night (and hubby had probably hijacked the tv watching the cricket!) I found myself at the computer, on my blog page, reading my blog from the very start, right through until very recently. Wow it took a long time, but it was actually quite lovely reading it from a distance to when it was all originally written. I had forgotten all the beautiful messages I had written about my kids, beautiful memories recorded forever, inspirations and longings. It gave me a greater appreciation of what I had started here and what I now know I want to continue. It made me appreciate the readers I had more, when at the time I think I was too consumed with comparing myself to others and still feeling like a little lowly blog, even though I've never wanted to be a big amazing blog anyway. At the heart, I've always wanted to continue blogging, but I have been so sapped of' 'me-ness' lately that I haven't felt like I have anything to give, and didn't have the confidence that I really had anything much to say anyway.
So I wanted to put it out there, that sometimes a big break might be just the thing you need from a project/hobby/task, etc. A chance to look at something with a bit of distance in between so you can really appreciate things for what they are, instead of being blurred by being in that moment.
I love the keepsake this blog is for me. And I'd like it to keep growing with me for longer. I hope you will stick around too, whoever is still reading. xx

I still read! I write for the same reasons, and I too go back and read about life before kids and even as a reminder, wondering what our daughtr was doing at the same age our little guy is now. I look forward to reading more of your journey.
ReplyDeleteI still read too! I know what you mean though. I don't blog very often either but it is nice to know that it is still there when the desire to write something & record it for posterity arises. I know you are busy busy and that is going to increase tenfold with the new bub. But do know that when you do find the time and the inclination to blog, I will be there reading :-)
ReplyDeletexx
And what a gorgeous keepsake it is.
ReplyDelete:-)
My main reason for beginning my blog (other than not being able to shut up at all) was that I wanted a keepsake of this time in my life. I love that you went back and read your blog from beginning to recently - what a wonderful thing to do - oh the memories!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading D, R and T! I encourage you to go back and read your blog too! You really do look at it with completely different eyes to when you are actually writing it at the time.
ReplyDelete