review & giveaway: fisher price doodle bear

Friday, June 24, 2011




Do you remember these at all? It's a Doodle Bear! To be honest I didn't know of these bears, but they were apparently around when I was little. Fisher Price gave me the opportunity to review one of these, and I was keen to give it a go as Zoe is a bit of an artiste and has often included the walls in the lounge room and bathroom as her canvases! I thought this might help get her inner creative out without ruining the house at the same time!

Sure enough, she has loved it. It's great as it comes with two markers, and the bear is completely machine washable, so your little budding artist can draw to their heart's content and once the bear has no more blank space left, you can throw it in the wash, hang it out to dry (or pop in the dryer) and they can start all over again. I must admit I was a little worried that it would encourage Zoe to draw on other toys or things, but it actually hasn't. She heads for the Doodle Bear if she wants to draw now, or the craft table of course!

Each marker is double ended, one end has a tip, the other a stamper. Ours has a heart shape on one, and a butterfly on the other. Perfect really, as these are perfectly aligned with one little girl's interests.

And the best bit about this toy.....no batteries required for once! Hours of entertainment!

There are three different Doodle Bears available. We were given Rose to review (she has a beautiful tiara!), and there is also Violet (purple) and Sky (blue).



Fisher Price have generously provided me with an extra Doodle Bear to giveaway to one reader! There is one beautiful Violet Doodle Bear up for grabs.

All you have to do to enter is leave me a comment below letting me know about a little budding artist in your life who would love this toy. The giveaway will run until midnight next Thursday 30 June and I will announce the winner on the morning of Friday 1 July!

11 comments:

  1. Either of my kids would love this bear. In fact I think I might need to win a couple of them if I don't want a fight on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would LOVE a doodle bear, her big brother skated across the floor on her magnadoodle (my santiy saver!) yesterday and broke it. A doodle bear would definately help her overcome the devastation :)

    kahren82@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eldest daughter would love this! She is forever drawing and colouring. I have lots and lots of books of her drawings including stickers and glooping aka gluing. She would think this (in her words) is "cool" cracks me up when she says that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My almost-five year old daughter would adore this bear. Literally the moment she opens her eyes she says "I want to draw/paint/do craft!" and she does that all day long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My toddler would love this... he loves drawing already, problem is I am having trouble keeping him to paper only. At least with a Doodle Bear, he can show his artistic talent

    ReplyDelete
  6. After discovering only today Little Miss 16 Month Old has scribbled all over the floor tiles (in pencil thankfully!) a Doodle Bear would come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a 3 year old niece that loves to draw. Her favourite colour is purple. She would love this and love me even more if I won it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter who is three,
    she colours and draws as neat as can be,
    she shares her pencils, textas and paints nicely with her sister who is not as old as she,
    no one is artier than her- not even me,
    did I mention it's her birthday soon- tee hee hee,
    lots of arty gifts would make her squeal with glee,
    and this Doodle Bear would suit her right to a tee :D

    Following as babycakequeen
    Amanda from Amanda's Mummy Jeans
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love this for my 16mth old Zoe who is a budding artist, she loves to draw on the walls, windows and even the blinds. This morning I caught her drawing on her feet .. she needs a bear to doodle on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Airlie (5) would love this as she is very creative and enjoys drawing and computing in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my little Fern Lucinda is well and truly a budding artist and would absolutely go a tiny bit mental for this project!!! Oh I want to win this one badly!!!! x

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger