finding my feet

Wednesday, December 28, 2011



Hey, I'm actually all showered and out of my pj's today. At the moment, that is a major accomplishment! I'm still finding my feet with adjusting to life with three little babes to look after. My hubby is around this week and next so that has been a huge help. And tomorrow I will get the doc's all clear to finally drive again post csection which will be a big weight lifted, and I won't feel so trapped here at home. In a way, I'm kind of looking forward to the start of the school year already. For a person who doesn't normally like strict routine, I really need it in order to get organised and to feel like I'm in a good groove with life. And I need to be organised this year! One starting school, one starting preschool, and a small baby.

This month is going to be a super busy one too in the lead up to start of school year. I've got doctor's appointments to make for catch up immunisations and baby's first lot, dentist and eye appointments for Josh before starting school, school uniform and shoe shopping to do, as well as a few holiday entertainment activities too.

I'm so torn about Josh starting school. Part of me can't wait because he is just such hard work at the moment, and the other part can wait as I know I will miss his little face around here everyday.....

If you've had little ones start school, how did you go with the adjustment? Any tips you can share?

In the meantime, I need to keep finding my feet here in this new little family of ours. Finding it harder than I thought.

5 comments:

  1. You will get there, my love. One step in front of the other x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you are doing great, no advice here but enjoy the time with you're little man, I am sure he will have a fab time making friends and having fun at preschool :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't do preschool, so when my oldest did prep this past year, it was our first experience with sending a kid off to school. I was worried sick, about what I am not sure, but I needed have been. She took to school like a fish to water, and just seeing her joy and excitement at heading off to class each day was enough to remove any lingering doubts. In January she will be in year 1, and my son will be in Prep. But now I have no worries, just excitement. Now I get to spend one-on-one time with my youngest, and I am looking forward to that. You'll miss your kids when they are at school, but the reunion at the end of the day is that much sweeter for the separation. So don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Holly and Amba!

    5 webs, I guess I'm not really worried as such just feeling the tension already of wanting him out of my hair in school but knowing how much I'll miss him too. Am sure he will be fine. He was my big mama's boy but his last year of preschool he really grew in confidence. Love the image of seeing them at pick up! Can imagine it does become sweeter because of the separation! Am also looking forward to two days a week with just the baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finding life tough enough at the moment with two and keep wondering how on earth other women have three plus kids. Things will get easier over time and gradually you'll feel more in control and more organised just like the good old days x

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger