I know. That was a really long blog post title.
Anyway, the thing is. I don't really like what the world of blogging has turned into in lots of ways. When I first started blogging, it was just a fun little hobby and a way to connect with a wider community of people to help me keep my days sane. And thrown in there, I used to love sharing things that I used, bought, found and these were just my own finds or discoveries. And then somewhere along the line, things changed and now blogs can be platforms to advertise things, and well, now it kind of feels like a product or a discovery can't be mentioned without feeling like it is necessary to explain whether you genuinely are sharing it as something amazing or whether it was gifted to you or is (or isn't) a sponsored post, etc. etc.
I more or less fell out of blogging while a lot of this blog monetising/advertising thing started to really take off and it has scared me off coming back to it I think. It all seems like such a serious business now, and all the while I can't help thinking......it's just a blog. When did it all get so intense?
So, anyway, from now on, I'm not going to do reviews, give ways or anything else of that nature anymore. I just want this blog to be a place where I can write about whatever I want, whenever I want, like I used to. The blog post content will be mine and not influenced by gifts or money. So if a product is mentioned it will be because I bought it and I genuinely want to share about it.
And now, it's back to normal viewing and posting.....like being silly taking selfies while your 4 year old pretends she's still a baby in a high chair. As you do.

I agree 100%!
ReplyDeleteIt's one of the reasons I stopped too (and reading people's blogs). I just want to write random things about what I'm doing. My blog isn't an infomercial and certainly doesn't have any social commentary on hot news.
I like the way we are doing it!
Good for you!
Thanks Sharnee! Here's to blogging about random stuff! I love it!!
DeleteI know... I had one fashion blog last year and it actually got a certain amount of success but then I started to feel it like a board for brands to be advertised, and it felt like a job and an actual obligation to write about them and I felt mad at that lack of creativity and not being spontaneous talking about whatever like before with my first blog...
ReplyDeleteSo now I am re-defining my style, because it takes a lot of effort to write effortlessly, you know? I know you do. ;)