For those with small children, what do you do in regards to Christmas trees? Any tips for me?
Do you put one up at all? Do you only decorate the top half? Do you decorate it at all? Am I better off with a wall decal? (Though that might end up getting peeled off.....)
For the first time, I'm actually scared to put the tree up this year. I actually think Josh will enjoy it the most he hast his year being that bit older again, but I'm scared of Zoe and the tree. I think she's going to enjoy pulling things off and I'm worried I will spend my days keeping her away and telling her to stop pulling the decorations off!! Am I crazy that I want to put it up though. Maybe the pain is still worth it.
We are a bit busy this weekend but I'm hoping that if we do go ahead with it, we will put it up the following weekend. Maybe I should only have the tree up for a few weeks......
{image}

I have the same dilema at the moment. Today was meant to be the day for our tree going up but now I'm not so sure how safe it will be with Grace who is getting into anything and everything the moment my back is turned! I was thinking maybe of putting the decorations up high??
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm a bit anxious this year. I agree though, no presents, I think that's just too much temptation.
ReplyDeleteWe have put up a fake Christmas tree that was given to us, all decorations are unbreakable. My youngest is 2 1/2 now so not so bad but last year we made a bit of a barrier with 2 walls, the couch and part of an old playpen. They still got to bits of it but didn't have full access all the time. I do have some presents in view but up high and they know none are for them. Will see how we go!
ReplyDeleteMy sister did one year have a big cardboard cut out one on the wall but I assume it would also end up being pulled at if there was access.
Have fun!
Lou.
I am a sucker for a beautiful tree (and when I say beautiful I mean 'family decorated' with mix matched decorations - not the MYER window type) so we HAVE to have a real tree and my 2.5 yr old will HAVE to slowly destroy it while I breast feed my newborn.... but I am a sucker for punishment!
ReplyDeleteGood luck - and post some pics!
I am a sucker for a beautiful tree (and when I say beautiful I mean 'family decorated' with mix matched decorations - not the MYER window type) so we HAVE to have a real tree and my 2.5 yr old will HAVE to slowly destroy it while I breast feed my newborn.... but I am a sucker for punishment!
ReplyDeleteGood luck - and post some pics!
Mmm so I'm going to brave it this weekend. I don't really have any breakable decorations at the moment, and special stuff goes up out of reach.....I've got some wall decals this year too which will be fun.
ReplyDeleteStay tuned for pics!
Looking forward to seeing what you do. Bebito's been great with the tree but I am worried about the gifts which are still my dilemma. :)
ReplyDelete