I went to Melbourne last weekend for a little mummy R&R. I stayed with a girlfriend who took me on a little tour of her favourite spots - a little country and a little city (and a little winery action). I LOVED it, LOVED it, LOVED it. I think I want to move there. I just loved the feel of it, the shops, the closeness of the city to some of the country areas. It just felt more alive and creative everywhere I went compared to Sydney. Sydney has pockets of it, but Melbourne IS it. Well the small bit I experienced anyway.
On Sunday I strolled along Brunswick St, in and out of cute shop after cute shop. I even spied the Meet Me At Mikes store, but alas I realised too late on Saturday night that it wouldn't be open on Sunday, so I couldn't pop in! Bought some Jaspers coffee, and then ducked into a little shop called I ♥ douglas and hope. It had lots of homewares, cute little trinkets, I loved it all. And I walked away with these cute melamine plates for Josh and Zoe.
Josh is pretty impressed that he has a plate with the Eiffel Tower on it!
I really want to go back for longer again. Maybe take the family and try and convince hubby to move there!
Let me leave you with a couple of pics of Panton Hill Winery. It was dreamy and the wine was good!
{image, image}




I've only been to Melbourne once but I'm hoping to go back next year with my family. It sounds like you had a great time!
ReplyDeletesounds like a lovely getaway - I feel like I could do with one at the moment - *sigh*
ReplyDelete