Living in the past

Monday, August 31, 2009


If you could choose a day, a week, a moment in time to re-live - what would it be? Why would you do it? Would you change anything?

I would love to go back to the time when I got married. I know it's probably terribly cliche to be saying that but there are so many reasons why that time was so good.

I was carefree...

I was blissfully happy to finally be marrying my best friend...

I was a Size 10.....

Most of our family and friends were gathered around us in the one place all day...

The ceremony was conducted by a very close friend of ours...

We were served great food and partied into the night...

We went on a fantastic honeymoon on the Whitsundays for 10 days afterwards...

I was relaxed and relatively stress-free...

I was a Size 10...!

I'd most like to go back to that time to just enjoy it again, savour it more. I think I spent all day floating through it like it was surreal, not really happening.

Of course, the two things missing on that day, were my beautiful children. I was unaware at that point of how much more blessed my life was going to become...if I only knew.

Blog This.

8 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful photo of the two of you, looking into your future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous. i would love to go back to my wedding day too just now and then to recapture the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I hear stories about people who loved their wedding, love being married and are happy. I've started my day with a smile after reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo - it sounds like such a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, fabulous memories and a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger