calling all sewing experts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011


I need your help!

I have just become the owner of this vintage Singer sewing machine and sewing cabinet. My father in law is moving house and is clearing out lots of things at the moment, and this lovely machine belonged to my husband's mother, who, sadly, we lost in 2001. I'm so glad to be the recipient of it (as well as lots of other lovely pieces of furniture I'm sure to blog about later) but there's a wee problem. I don't know how to use it! I have vague recollections of 'threading a bobbin' or two in Year 8 Home Ec. classes, but those distant memories in my head are not really enough to help me out right now. 

Fortunately, my mum sews and another lovely friend does too, so I may have to enlist their help to firstly see if this thing works ok, and then to show me the basics. I also know that many of you out there are also super creative, crafty types and might be able to point me in the direction of some super cool blogs or tutorials that might guide me along my 'learning to sew' journey as well.

So tell me my friends, what are the best 'learn to sew' blogs and sites that you have used? 

You never know, I might just become one of those super crafty mamas one day too! Anything is possible!!

1 comment:

  1. V looks like your bobbin is threaded (thread coming up from the bottom) THe needle isn't though. If you take it somewhere for a service they might also show you some basics. After 9 or so years without use, I think a serivce is iin order.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger