One of the things I am learning about myself now that the kids are getting a little grown up is that I'm not spontaneous enough. Or I haven't been able to be. One of the two....I guess it's hard to be too spontaneous with little kids, but now that they are 3 and 2, I'm finding it easier to be, and this weekend we just randomly upped and headed off for fish + chips for dinner, then played at another park with a little beach.
Now usually come 5pm there is no way I'm heading anywhere but on the the dinner, bath, bed train with the kids. I never wanted to mess with that little routine. But they aren't babies anymore, and I'm realising more and more that these are the moments that create memories for them. It doesn't have to be extravagent or crazy, just a simple dinner in the park, watching their delight at throwing food to the seagulls (what kid doesn't do that?) swinging on swings, playing in the sand, splashing their feet in the water and loving being out doing something different.
2011 will be the year of being spontaneous and fun!



Love it :) its always good to just get up and have an adventure!
ReplyDeletelovely piccies
I agree with everything you've said here - I too have always been a bit strict about naptimes and the whole end of the day routine and am just starting to break away from this occasionally. I'm starting to learn that the odd later bed time once in a while for something like a walk along the river can be fun :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful resolution... I can't wait to read about your adventures!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! Trust me, when they get a little bit older still, they'll tell you what they want to do & you consider their personal change to your plans a really pleasant way to be spontaneous from your own routine!! They are so much fun, enjoy it before 5p.m. is a combination of homework & cooking, love Posie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures ♥
ReplyDeleteYes being doing the spontaneity thing a bit lately partly due to knowing once this baby arrives it will be be back to boring old routines again. Saturday we totally missed nap time (OMG) and went for a road trip :) Felt like before we had kids again.
ReplyDeleteWe have a been a bit lacking in spontaneity here lately- I'm going to take your cue and try to be a bite more free. xx
ReplyDeleteThey grow up so fast.
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute.
LOVE these shots!! So cute )
ReplyDelete