coconut flour banana muffins

Wednesday, September 12, 2012


Little Miss Zoe loves, loves, loves baking with me. So today we whipped these coconut flour banana muffins up. I've had the coconut flour sitting in the cupboard for a while, so it was great to finally make something with it and see the results!


I was happy with how they turned out. They don't look overly pretty but the taste was good. I was a bit worried at first as I put the eggs straight in to the mixture right after I had put the melted coconut oil in, and of course, the oil was still hot, and the little one couldn't mix it quick enough, so we had a few chunks of cooked egg white swirling around! When I saw it, I was a bit disappointed, and very nearly threw it out, but knew we couldn't start over as I didn't have any more bananas left. So I thought we'd press on anyway and see how they turned out. I'm surprised to say they don't taste egg-y at ALL! Next time, I'll wait until the oil has cooled a bit and make sure I stir the eggs straight away, or at least whisk them in a separate bowl before adding.

We also didn't add the walnuts in ours. Zoe decorated the top of them with a sprinkle of coconut flakes and a few choc chip bits.

The were lovely and moist and tasty, and Zoe declared them 'the best cakes I ever had!'. No sugar in these either, so no guilt with these! Perfect in lunch boxes I think or as an afternoon snack on the balcony as we preferred. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger