naked chocolate cake - yum!
Friday, September 28, 2012
I've been getting into a little baking lately, and trying to make things that I will love as well as the kids. Things I might be able to use in the lunch box too, so I can completely stop buying snack foods. The more I've been reading about nutrition and what's in our food and the products we use, the more horrified I'm getting! I'd love to be able to make everything at some point, including bread, but I'll need to work up to that.
Anyway, I came across The Healthy Chef blog recently. It's great, as it's Australian, and all the recipes I've come across so far are super easy, and super yummy! I noticed the Naked Chocolate Cake last week and was determined to make it. I've made it three times already! It's really, really good, and not an ounce of sugar. The only sweetness added to this is through the pure maple syrup. This is the type of thing I'd be more than happy to put in the kids lunch boxes, knowing exactly what is in it, and it really isn't all that bad either. It's also gluten free, and can be easily adapted to be nut free, which is also great for the kids taking to school.
There's not much to it either, so it's quick to make and it was a great one to do with Zoe who LOVES cooking and baking with me.
I've been eating it with my new favourite yoghurt, Barambah Organics natural yoghurt, and I don't feel guilty at all eating it! Win win!!
Posted by
Anonymous
at
11:32 AM
Labels:
coconut flour,
food,
gluten free,
nut free,
recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds yum! Off to find it ....
ReplyDeleteHi Virginia, thanks for hooking up to my blog The Wholefood Mama. Sounds great what you are working on to achieve not buying snack foods. Learning about what goes into processed food is the best deterrant to buying them and once you make small changes and give your children other delicious options it all works out! Lovely blog you have here. I like the design of your header. x
ReplyDeleteThanks Nikki! Thanks for stopping by!
Delete