Selling, buying, getting a loan

Monday, June 1, 2009



Well, we successfully managed to sell our unit about a month ago. We decided to try and sell it privately first to save ourselves any agent fees and because the market for selling units was so good. We were so fortunate that the very first people who came through decided to make us an offer of our selling price and all is well. Then about a week after that we found a property we wanted to purchase.

I didn't think buying a house would turn into such a drama. The banks are inundated with work at the moment because of the First Home Owners Grant and so there are delays in getting unconditional approval. We have exchanged with our Vendors and are awaiting this approval.....it's been 2 weeks already, we have another week to have it sorted out and I can call this place my new home.

I thought I was going to have a lovely lunch break today resting while the kids were asleep, but it seems every spare moment for myself is snatched from me and I end up being consumed by all things bank/mortgage/loan. I spent about an hour and a half emailing and on the phone, trying to get some more documents together for our application to the bank. They wanted further evidence for a few things. Anyway, it's done now....and I'm tired of it all. Don't even get me thinking about the packing and moving that is ahead of us with 2 small children. I'm in denial about that at the moment.

Anyway, we are getting closer and closer to our approval. Our valuation came back at the contract price which is good, and our broker assures us things are looking good. It's a race now for them to get back to us by about Wednesday as our cooling off period ends this week. I'm not going to be able to rest until that approval is in our hot little hands!

Piccies of the new house coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to see some piccies :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger