After the devastation on Wednesday night about our home loan not being approved, I madly tried to get another home loan happening with another product. I had actually picked this product after much research a little while ago, but at the time we ended up going back to a broker we had already seen and chose a different loan product they offered. Big mistake in hindsight. I should have just gone with my own research....
Anyway, in LESS THAN 48 hours, they have verbally unconditionally given us approval. I have to wait for the official loan offer to come through on Tuesday. Fortunately, we were given another 24 hours to our cooling off period also, so it SEEMS all is well. I guess things could still go pear shaped, and I was a little hesitant about posting this without the paper loan offer but I've allowed myself to get excited again and it looks like the house is still ours.
I'm just so outraged that the first bank took 3 WEEKS to finally tell us that they wouldn't approve us (and it was over a COMPLETE misinterpretation of my husband's work situation) and then we were able to go to a different bank and get approval in less than 48 hours. Just ridiculous!
I'll be waiting anxiously for Tuesday now. Once it's all in concrete I will be singing the praises of this bank and urging all to go with them! I'm going to get hold of our contact's manager too and write her a positive feedback letter. She delivered fantastic service to us in very short time frame.
Now to enjoy the weekend. xo
Some good news.......I think
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is great news Virginia - I hope it all works out :)
ReplyDeleteI'm holding my breath! Very relieved you had a back-up plan, well done. Keep us posted : )
ReplyDelete