On the green they watched their sons
Playing till too dark to see,
As their fathers watched them once,
As my father once watched me
~Edmund Blunden
Playing till too dark to see,
As their fathers watched them once,
As my father once watched me
~Edmund Blunden
My husband goes back to work tomorrow.
I've really enjoyed having him home particularly Josh. We all had a great time at the zoo this week which is where I took the photo above. The holidays really allowed father and son to bond and reconnect, as just before my husband's holidays he was working back an awful lot (he owns his own business) and barely saw much of us and it really affected how J was with him. It did mean he could have two and half weeks off with us at home though.
We'll miss you when you go back to work daddy. xo


I love your picture from the zoo trip! It is very beautiful! I totally understand what you mean about working. My husband works 7 days a week and as hard as it is on me, I think it is that much harder for our son! Great post! LOVE that quote!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quote!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard for everyone when Daddy has to work so hard. I feel very blessed that we manage to swing so much time with Daddy home (even if it means I have to work sometimes as well).
ReplyDeleteLove that quote!
ReplyDeleteAwww such a beautiful photo of the two of them, it really looks like they were both fully enjoying each others company. There's just nothing like that daddy-bonding time. I think you found a great and fitting quote!
ReplyDeleteTabitha :)
So good that they had some time to be around each other. Wonderful quote.
ReplyDeletetruly beautiful!
ReplyDelete