shop til you drop

Monday, May 3, 2010

Well I didn't quite drop today.

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. I don't think there was a single cloud in the sky was there?

I arrived at Mathilda's Market yesterday without a hitch. It was just Zoe and I. It was great to say hi to some lovely ladies I've come to know of through blogs and forums: Mel from Paperklip, Helen from ensparkle ceramics, Chris from Billy Mac, Wynona from Ivy Designs and the lovely Jen from Melei. (Hope I haven't missed anyone!)



Ok, so onto the purchases....I was really trying hard not to be too heavily swayed by all the lovely girly things as Zoe has HEAPS of clothes and Josh seems to miss out a tad. So I found myself at Billy Mac buying him a blue long sleeved VW combi shirt. He was very impressed with it! He loves his cars and knows all the badges now so he was happy with his 'VMW' shirt (mmm, we're having a little trouble with VW/BMW...).

Then I found myself at Elki Design. I had been hanging out to see their clothing in real life. They use Liberty of London fabrics for many of their designs which I just LOVE. My mum used to use Liberty prints for a lot of the clothes she sewed for me when I was little, and it brings back lovely memories. I also have a beautiful patchwork quilt she made me with Liberty prints in it. 

I ended up buying Zoe this dress with the matching pants.


Beautiful don't you think? They had lovely gingham shirts for boys too and I'll probably end up getting one for Josh. Check out their online store! Elki is made up of two sisters who sew the clothes. They have gorgeous little rompers and singlets for babies embroidered with grub roses , as well as clothing for boys and girls up to age 8. There is even a little home ware.


Then I made my way over to Thula Thula wear I picked up a little short sleeved mauve cardigan for Zoe. Thula Thula sell handmade clothing inspired by the 30s and 40s. 

My next purchase was a handpainted ceramic plate from ensparkle ceramics for my six year old niece. It's her birthday this month so she is getting this gorgeous little personalised plate from our little family.


Go and check out Helen's other gorgeous work here. I've got my eye on the milk jug. Maybe if hubby is reading this before Mothers Day.....

And last but not least, I bought my gorgeous mum some knitted house socks from Wynona at Ivy Designs. These were actually a market only item, so you can't buy them online unfortunately. I was cheeky and gave them to my mum today. I know she'll get great use out of them. She lives in a pair every winter.

So there you have it. It was a great day out. Only thing is I can't believe I missed out on the cupcakes!!

Anyone else go along that has some goodies to share?

3 comments:

  1. I was so bummed that I couldn't go to the markets yesterday but we were on our way back from holidays. I'd even had it in my calendar for months :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm glad you went and had a good time. I wish I was there too! Great purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your purchases (no surprise there!). I actually bought a couple of Billy Mac tee's online on Sunday night - ha ha ha! :) That Ensparkle Ceramics plate is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger