Well, I hope you didn't think it was me with the new wheels! In actual fact, it's Josh with the new set of wheels. I had a big fail with Christmas presents for Josh and Zoe in some super cheap Disney scooters. They were very difficult to put together and couldn't really be tightened properly so Josh's scooter sort of became a little unsafe to drive. My reasoning behind getting them was that if they weren't a hit then I hadn't spent too much money on them! Turns out Josh really loves the scooter, and recently when we went to the local park, he spied a little boy (and his sister) with this rad little scooter! It's called a micro scooter. Josh couldn't take his eyes off it and eventually coerced the little sister into giving him a turn of hers. He was in love. For days after, he didn't stop talking about THE scooter. So I caved, did some research and got him one.
He is still in love with it. It's a great little scooter. It's a Swiss design and there are two wheels at the front instead of at the back, and to steer it you lean from side to side. It also has a little brake on the back which is very cool. We bought the model up from the one we saw at the park. The toddler one isn't height adjustable so we upgraded to make sure Josh would get the maximum enjoyment out of it for years. If your little one doesn't have a scooter yet and you are planning on getting one soon, I'd definitely recommend looking at this one! We got ours from Rebel Sport and the mother I spoke to said she was always getting comments on the scooters. Now I know why, they really are great!
Hope everyone is having a great week. I have a few brilliant giveaways coming this week and next so please come back and visit later too. Anyone have children back or going back to school? I can't wait for Josh to start preschool again next week. Am fast running out of things to do to keep him occupied.....tips?
Oh your post is perfect timing Virginia! My little William who will be two in April is obsessed with other people's scooters and I saw him go up to one of those three wheel scooters and try and use it so I was just thinking yesterday that I might get him one for his second birthday. Do you think 2 is too young?
ReplyDeleteI will def use your recommendation for brand and where to get etc. I know he will love it, I'll be a bit scared of him coming off it but I guess that's life hey!
Thanks for the great post,
Jxx
Scooters are HUGE over here and you see kids of all sizes (younger than 2 even) zipping about on them. And the most popular one I've noticed is the micro. I'll definitely be getting BuBba one when he's big enough to use it.
ReplyDeleteBuBbles
x.
Janette,
ReplyDeleteI definitely don't think 2 would be too little. My 2 year old is nearly as good as Josh who is nearly 4! She really just 'got' it. And the kids at the park had apparently had theirs from quite little too. These scooters looked like they had lasted really well, and it's really quite sturdy.
I bought helmets (skateboard/all sport ones, not the bike ones) for my two as well, similar to if they were ride bikes they would have to wear one, just as an added safety precaution but I've seen loads of kids ride helmet free too.
Let me know if you'd like to know anything else!
Cool! We can get ours together for a scooter party :)
ReplyDeleteThings to do: ugh, running out of ideas here. I've been digging a new garden bed in the cool of the afternoon (430-5pm) and sometimes they like to 'help'. Also, we were given a Thomas Paint with Water thing- water in a brush, it brings up the picture, and then when it dries it disappears. Great give-me-5-minutes-to-do-dinner-stuff activity :)