emergency room

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

 

We spent 6 hours in the paed emergency room yesterday. Birthday boy Josh was not well yesterday.  I knew something wasn't right. We visited our GP in the morning who attributed his strange breathing and sore back to anxiety. I wasn't convinced. Later that day his breathing was getting more laboured and worse so after dropping Zoe off with my sister,  I rushed him off to the ED at a local hospital. After several tests, which all came back clear, he was diagnosed with a viral infection. They think his fever was causing the funny grunting/breathing thing he was doing. I'm just glad he's ok now and that we got to leave the hospital last night.

There were a few very sick little people in there including a three month old that needed to have a lumbar puncture done to confirm whether there was something bacterial going on that might affect his brain. It was so upsetting to see. I'm incredibly thankful that my little man is mostly healthy. Besides having the flu, gastro and general colds we have never had to make an ED run before or had a hospital stay in his short little life. Hopefully it will largely stay that way. My heart really goes out to those parents watching their sick little ones.

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* to mum and to little Josh.... glad he is going to be ok xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, what a scare. I hope he's doing ok now.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger