motivation.....where is it?

Friday, February 26, 2010


I need motivation to lose weight. I can think of a tonne of reasons that I need to lose about 15kgs and technically they should be enough to get me going, but I just can't manage it. It's like the connection between my brain and body is malfunctioning.......

Lots of it, I know, is to do with the fact that watching my diet involves a lot of brain space and forward thinking and planning and I'm not sure there is enough room in my brain for all of that at the moment, so I resort back to old, more convenient and bad eating habits. 

If I could afford it, I would go back to Jenny Craig in a heart beat. I've been a couple of times and have achieved my goal weights both times due to having such a great consultant and the accountability of having to face up to her every week, and the food all planned out for me.

*sigh* I know I need to stop grumbling and just get on with it. But it feels SO hard.

How do you find the motivation when things just seem so hard?

image

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. something clicked for me this year when i read a quote somewhere {can't remember where though}

    "nothing tastes as good as slim and healthy feels"

    since then i haven't eaten a bad thing and don't feel like i'm missing out

    now just got to find one for exercise and i'm set!!

    good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me it was just seeing those horrible pictures. and just feeling FAT. the boyfriend can tell me i am pretty all i want but i dont feel pretty. i feel fat.

    one big thing for me was not being able to run and play with the children like i used to. i couldnt walk up the uni steps without being puffed.

    something will just click. [as shan said]. and when it happens you will just want to do it!

    i just need to find the motivation to keep going. i keep hitting a rock in the road. bad. but i do. like the last 2 weeks i havent eaten right or exercised. but yet i still lose. but thats just water weight. nothing more.

    xx

    always here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really hard!! But I have to remember WHY I want to lose weight, and that's usually enough to spur me on for the next meal, and the next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh having lost 13kgs in 4 months I found it difficult at times to stay motivated, but once you lose a couple of kilos you will be excited to see the weight start to shed. That was my motivation.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone assuming I was pregnant did it for me. And I have started simply by cutting out a few of my 'danger' foods and doing some short, regular, gentle exercise. I think starting small and slow has made it seem simpler for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all the inspiration. Might have to print out this list and use it to remind me to get off my butt!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger