Both times I've been pregnant I've been desperate to stay in my 'normal' jeans for as long as possible. Are/were you like that? I guess while much of the rest of my wardrobe had to change to get around my ever bulging belly, my jeans were one of the remaining items of my wardrobe that I could get away with for longer. During my first pregnancy, I managed to wear my normal jeans right up until close to Josh being born. However, I used to wear them with the button undone and long tops to cover up the gaping pants.
Recently, through another online community I have been a part of, I came across Camilla Cavarra and the fabulous little product she has created - the Tummy Tie.
Oh boy I wish this had been around while I was pregnant to save me from the 'undone pants' look I so desperately had to cover. Camilla came up with the idea for the Tummy Tie when she was pregnant in an attempt to help other mums-to-be remain in their own clothes for longer and still look stylish. It's also possible to use it when you may have gained a little weight and need a little help staying in your jeans/pants (*mmm nodding ashamedly*) or even right after bub has been born and before everything tightens up again (it does, doesn't it?).
The Tummy Tie is super affordable too! It comes in a 3-pack of 2 x Black TummyTie (11cm & 15cm) and 1 x White TummyTie (11cm) and retails at $16.95.
Spread the word about these! I think they are fabulous. They are really well made and look super stylish. If you want to read up more on Camilla's story or follow TummyTie on Facebook or Twitter, here are the links:

What a great idea : )
ReplyDeleteMy favourite maternity outfit is my comfy pumpkin patch jeans and nice stretchy t shirt, a cardigan and some cute ballet flats : ) I tend to accessorize heaps when I am pregnant too !! I am still at 26 weeks holding onto my non pregnancy 3/4 pants LOL
I am pregnant with my first baby (only 6 weeks though...)
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what my favourite outfit will be!!
I did see these nifty things in Bras N Things the other week and was about to grab some :)
Nicky