hard yards

Friday, February 5, 2010


I'm finding life a little draining at the moment....Life with a three year old is HARD work. Who would have thought my little boy would turn out to be such a bundle of energy. My days are filled with such highs and lows. I just love him to pieces and he says so many things that just make my heart burst with pride and love. And then there are those very challenging moments where he is really trying to exert his independence but it's no fun for me. Trying to teach boundaries is tough. He thinks he's being funny and I just get frustrated. It's making me challenge myself a lot and think about what sort of mummy I want to be. And there is all the guilt over how I've handled some situations that I'm not proud of but I can only use those experiences to change and grow.

By the end of the day, at the moment, I'm more drained than I have ever been as a mummy. There's very little left of me to devote to other things including my little blog, so please excuse me if things aren't as busy around here for a bit. I've got loads going on in my head, and lots of things I want to write about, but the hard bit is moving it from head to computer.

I'm looking forward to daddy's arrival tonight and an extra pair of hands over the weekend! Hurrah!! Perhaps even a glass or two of bubbly?

7 comments:

  1. wow. I have a one year old and am beginning to feel like this, I can only imagine the stage you are at. Have some bubbly you deserve it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such an awesome Mama! Boundary setting is so darn hard and you n-e-v-e-r get to rest. The minute you do, they take advantage of it. You're doing a super fabulous job and more than a few of us know exactly how you feel! We'll still be here whenever you post. :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boundaries? What boundaries?

    My two year old Devil Woman must think she's the funniest kid on the block, Im forever pulling hair out when she refuses to listen.

    Know that you have sympathetic ears!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Several years ago mine were 3,2 and 1 - I remember exhaustion. It's amazing how quickly they become more and more independant from 3yrs on. :) Then they need you for conversation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Michelle!!! Now that does sound like exhaustion. My hubby would love another soon but I just don't think I can go there just yet....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling exactly the same way, and I've only got one 10 month old!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel.

    There is quite often nothing left in the tank.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger